How it all started...
The church was organized in 1953 in a building located at Anacapa and Catalina. Later that year the current church property at 291 Anacapa Drive was purchased.
- 1954 - military barracks were moved in to serve as a temporary sanctuary and meeting place.
- 1956 - the first unit that contained the sanctuary and offices were completed. It is now the uncarpeted area of Brooks Hall, the kitchen, the youth center and library.
- 1961 - additional land was purchased for the construction of Neish Hall. That building is now our education unit.
- 1971 - the parsonage was built using volunteer workers.
- 1975 - construction of the new sanctuary building was completed in ten months using mostly volunteer workers. During the following year, the 22-rank Schantz pipe organ was installed to complete the construction.
- 1979 - an addition to the first unit was constructed. That addition is now the balance of Brooks Hall and Howald Parlor.
- 1989 - adjoining property on Anacapa was purchased for use in possible future expansion.
- 1996 - an Information Station and fellowship patio were constructed, our youth center was created and entry steps to our beautiful sanctuary patio were added.
- 2000 - we transformed our parsonage into "Mission House." Our Mission is to serve our church and community with this 3400 square foot facility.
- 2003 - we celebrated our 50th Anniversary.
- 2004 - our parking lot was redesigned and renovated.
- 2006 - our rental house on Anacapa Drive was torn down and the area made into "Friendship Garden" which consists of an outdoor chapel with open cathedral beams and a meditation labyrinth nestled in a lovely 11,000 square foot garden in the midst of lush lawn, trees and flowers.
- 2009, an addition was started to the existing Mission House garage transforming it into a large assembly room to accommodate 150.
Be a part of our story...
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 9:15 am.